The Spartan Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Spartan Alliance

For the Members of The Spartan Alliance of Ogame

What to do when you are under attack

XIII
    XIII
    Admin

What to do when you are under attack Empty What to do when you are under attack

Post  XIII Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:05 pm

So, you open up your Ogame overview, to find a message in red, telling you that a hostile fleet is attacking one of your planets. The attacker is larger than you, and has sent enough ships to destroy your fleet and defenses. What do you do?

You fleetsave. Fleetsaving means taking all of the ships from the planet being attacked, carrying all of your resources from that planet, and sending them somewhere else. You could send them to a different one of your planets, you could send them out to attack an inactive, you could send them out to harvest a debris field. Just get them away from the planet under attack.

Then, send a message to the attacker, informing them that you have fleetsaved, and there is no profit in continuing their attack. About half of the time, the player will see the message, realize there is nothing to gain, and recall the attack. Be sure to include your coordinates, as some larger players set up a bunch of attacks at one time.

If you are being attacked, DO NOT go into vacation mode. I made this mistake a few days ago, because I thought I remembered it working for a friend. Going into vacation mode does not cancel any attacks that are en route to your planets. I lost 1/3 of my defenses and most of my fleet when Pujke the Merciless, the #3 player in our universe, attacked me with 92 Deathstars. I was incredibly surprised, and relieved, to discover that the battle ended in a draw (!!!!!), and my hoarded resources were not stolen. He did, however, swipe the massive debris field left over from the destruction of my fleet.

Ogame rules state that one player can attack another only 6 times in a 24-hour period. Sending more attacks in a 24-hour period than allowed is called 'bashing', and allows for the attacker to be banned for as long as the Game Operator (GO) decides necessary. When two alliances are formally at war with each other, the bashing rule is removed for the course of the war. However, combat reports from all attacks made must be posted on the Ogame forum.

So, keep careful track of who is attacking you, and when. It is also wise to keep track of how often you are attacking certain players, so you don't accidentally bash someone else and get banned.

If someone is attacking you often, but not enough to qualify as bashing you, put a post on the board with their name and the coordinates they most often attack you from. With that information, we will do what we can, diplomatically or otherwise, to prevent them from continuing to attack you.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:04 am